Job Title: Network Support Engineer - Permanent
Main Job Purpose:
We are a successful, leading local managed services provider, looking for someone who can provide telephone, remote access and onsite technical support to our contract client base.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing telephone and remote assistance to clients at both desktop and server level.
- Attending client sites to resolve problems and install new equipment.
- Processing support requests through to completion.
- Project managing server installations and migration.
- Consulting with clients to provide advice on new equipment, solutions and upgrades.
- Recording and maintaining client technical records and documentation.
- Proactively maintaining client systems and responding to monitoring alerts.
Skills / Attributes Required
- Key Technical Skills
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, Hyper-V, and other core networking services.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Exchange, Office365, and how to troubleshoot email flow issues.
- Good experience of supporting and troubleshooting at desktop and server level.
- A good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol, and how to configure internet routers and firewalls.
- A good understanding of server hardware components and RAID array configuration.
- Experience working with commercial server-based antivirus and backup systems.
- Any IT certifications held (such as MCSA, MCSE, etc) will be an advantage.
Other Key Requirements:
- Ideally, 5 years’ experience supporting desktop and server environments.
- Previous experience within an MSP environment desired but not essential.
- Owning a full driving licence and car is essential.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Must be presentable, with good customer facing skills.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Technical Skills
- Used Git or equivalent, and understands code control
- Modern front end workflows (JS, Webpack, CSS pre-processors)
- Laravel frontend experience
- Designing for Android Apps
- Designing for Web Apps
The successful applicant is required to have a detailed knowledge of the above as well as possessing a Degree in Internet Technologies/Design and 3+ years proven experience with references.
Competitive Salary & Car Allowance
- 20 days holiday per annum, rising by 1 day per year to a maximum of 24 days.
- Mobile phone allowance.
- Profit related bonus scheme (effective after probation period).
- Financial assistance and guidance with technical training.
Hours of Employment
37.5 Hours per week. 9.00am to 5.30pm (1 Hour for Lunch)
Please email us at email@example.com (Please attach a copy of your CV)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE